Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Senior Laboratory Technician is responsible for critical laboratory procedures and duties in the production of veterinary products. Technicians may work a variety of technical equipment while completing cell culture processes throughout the manufacturing process. At all times technicians must follow Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to all safety and company policies, perform duties assigned by department supervision.
Some of the duties may include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: Education Minimum Requirement:
- Perform procedures including aseptic work, media preparation, antigen inoculation and harvest, tissue culture preparation and harvest, filling vaccines, etc.
- Assist in formulations and calculations
- Maintain accurate and reliable record keeping including charts, log books, and all pertinent documentation
- Communicate any unusual and/or non-routine occurrences when performing tasks
- Cleaning work areas, prepare, clean and sterilize glassware and equipment for use
- Equipment setup and operation
- Train and mentor other technicians in manufacturing.
Required Experience and Skills:
- High School diploma/ GED with a minimum of 3 years laboratory or related laboratory experience, OR Associates degree with a minimum of 2 years laboratory or related laboratory experience OR Bachelors degree in Biology, Biological Sciences or related Life sciences discipline
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Applicant must be able to work flexible work schedule to meet the demands of the manufacturing process
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand technical information and to effectively communicate information to colleagues are various levels
- Preferred candidate would have training in Aseptic Clean room Behaviors
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement