Manufacturing / Controls Engineer - Night shift What you will do
As a part of the San Antonio Distribution Center Engineering team you will be a part of a select team responsible for keeping this facility running. Don't let the term 'Distribution Center' fool you. This facility, part of the Johnson Controls battery manufacturing group plays a critical role in the manufacture and distribution to its customers which include automakers, retail stores, and wholesale distributors.
** Important to note this is a Night Shift position. This is a 12 hour shift position with a rotating schedule. Engineers in this role, as a part of the rotating shift will be expected to work every other weekend.
- The primary function of this position is to support the San Antonio plant and ensure that the facility keeps running. How will you do this? By fine- tuning the equipment ( minor automation, controls, and instrumentations) and manufacturing processes, lead continuous improvement projects to create efficiencies in production, and in conjunction with other team members become a subject matter expert on various processes within the facility.
Other duties could include:
How you will do it
- Assists in developing and implementing operator PM, Total Productive Maintenance.
- Maintains equipment drawings and create repair and/or calibration procedures.
- Routine check and resolve issues in Acid Farm, Water Cooling System, Reverse Osmosis water, and Waste Water Treatment plant and ensure they are in good condition and operating safely.
- Provide technical assistance to maintenance associates
- On call duty (weekends or off hours)\
Under minimal supervision you will apply your advanced skills to diagnose, maintain, repair and direct the repairs of all manufacturing equipment. What we look for Required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, electrical preferred.
- Three+ years of experience of electrical and pneumatic automation and instrumentation in manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, along with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience programming and troubleshooting Allen Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Able to read, explain, and compose basic ladder logic.
- Able to read prints and understand how AC or DC voltages are interlocked with field devices using interlocking relays
- Instrumentation - Have thorough understanding and able to calibrate field devices such as pH meter, Conductivity sensor Pressure sensor, Differential Pressure sensor, Flow meter, level sensor, density cell/sensor, proximity, and through beam photo eyes
- AC/DC Motor Control - Understand motor starter, contactor, relays (coil, pole, and throw), thermal overload (set limits) and fuse ratings. As well as Variable Frequency drive.
Who we are
- Knowledgeable of
- Vision S ystem and Bar Code Scanner
- Servo Motor, Actuator, Solenoid Valves
- Network and Communications - Able to change settings on MS Windows operating systems
- Able to configure IP address, Gateway, Subnet on network field devices such as label printer, Serial to Ethernet Converter, Scanner, Vision System, PLC & HMI and change IP address using TCP/IP for Wi-Fi and LAN
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you. Equal Opportunity & Non-Discrimination
- Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law , EEO is the Law (supplement) , and Pay Transparency Non-discrimination .
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.