Panasonic Corporation is working with Tesla Motors, Inc. to manufacture photovoltaic (PV) cells and modules for solar panels at Tesla’s Solar City factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role will be to manufacture and supply PV cells and modules with unique heterojunction photovoltaic cells, combining a crystalline silicon wafer with an amorphous silicon layer. Products will feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics.
The collaboration will make optimum use of both companies’ strengths to enhance the competitiveness of their products, generating a synergy effect between Panasonic’s technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business and Tesla’s strong sales channels, rich creativity and market-leading, cutting-edge innovation.
The factory’s production began in the summer of 2017. By expanding the scale of production capacity over time, Panasonic expects to reach production capacity of over 1 GW (GigaWatt) by 2019. Tesla is making a long-term purchase commitment to Panasonic for products manufactured at the Solar City factory.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration as it staffs up for initial production and grow with it as operations get under way and expand.
Currently, PESSNY has an immediate opening available for a Manufacturing/Production Operator - Cell.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Key tasks with respect to the Cell Production Department:
Meet department KPI’s:
- Production plan achievement rate (On-time delivery)
- Productivity (Output per head)
- Production yield
- Production loss (Failure cost)
- Production cost (Direct/Indirect labor, Depreciation, Indirect material, Power, Maintenance & Repair...)
- Inventory amount and Inventory difference
- Support production material movement and processes based on work standards, work instructions, process inspection standards
- Support PC Technicians and Engineer in: Production planning progress control, Raw materials, WIP and FG control/stock reduction, IDM manage & cost reduction, SAP updating & MES management, new technology installation
- Report progress and issues to PC Tech and QC
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience
- Education: High school degree and above
- Experience in manufacturing facility Competencies
- Problem solving power
- Sense of responsibility
- Ability to collaborate with relevant departments
- Equipment maintenance skills
- High awareness about safety
- Basic PC work Other Requirements
- Employee lifting up to 25 pounds, transporting work
- Handles general chemicals and gas used in solar cell manufacturing.
- Mainly in the clean room.
- The noise level of working environment is usually moderate.
- Irregular shift (Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
- In-house inspector registration required
- Candidates must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves.
- No cosmetics shall be worn in the cleanrooms. This includes: lipstick, eye shadow, eyebrow pencil, mascara, eye liner, false eye lashes, fingernail polish, hair spray, mousse, or the heavy use of aerosols, after shaves and perfumes.
- This position will require exposure to strong magnets that will interfere with pacemaker/defibrillator function. For safety reasons, candidates with a pacemaker/defibrillator cannot be considered for this position. In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
What We Offer:
- Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.