At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking Manufacturing Production Operators for the Industrial Adhesives & Tapes Division located in Hartford City, IN. Job Summary:
The Hartford City plant is a tape manufacturing facility that makes hundreds of different kinds of tape. Most are used by our customers in industrial applications but some find their way onto the shelves at the local hardware store. The Hartford City plant is part of the Industrial, Adhesives and Tape Division (IATD) but we make tape products for several other divisions and businesses within 3M. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Operates industrial equipment that cut and wind various products, according to written standards and package orders for shipments, operate coating machinery with in customer and industry standards
- Demonstrate safe work behaviors to avoid injury to self or others
- Follow operating procedures and customer specifications to produce quality products which are delivered to customers on time
- Contribute to continuous improvement and problem solving
- Maintain neat and orderly conditions in area and help maintain and promote safe conditions
- Operate assigned equipment in a safe, effective, and efficient manner
- Operate processes according to procedures
- Take appropriate action when unusual conditions occur
- Use hand and power trucks
- Use computers to run process operation
- Monitor other operations and works cooperatively with others
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working either a first, second or third shift
- Working rotating shifts
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum three (3) years of combined manufacturing and/or military experience
- Experience with adhesives and films
- Experience with lean manufacturing in a production environment
- Intermediate or advanced computer knowledge
- Experience working with slitting equipment
- Strong computer skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong problem solving, reporting and cognitive skills
: Hartford City, IndianaRelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for a Manufacturing Production Operator position at 3M Hartford City. Qualified applications may be considered when Manufacturing Production Operator openings occur at 3M Hartford City for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition.About 3M
Do you see the world differently? Are you inspired by how a simple shift can result in big change? Do you share your ideas in the hopes of coming up with something even better by working together? Then join 3M! With 88,000 people around the world in more than 70 countries and $30 billion in sales, 3M is committed to building on our rich heritage by bringing our best to the innovations we create. Be part of improving how people live and work every day. Be part of what's next at 3M! Follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.