Blizzard Entertainment, a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software, is seeking a dynamic Manufacturing Specialist, Hardlines for the Consumer Products division. We are seeking a highly-motivated problem solver who take pride in making best-in-class products and enjoy the challenges working in a fast pace environment. Responsibilities
- Responsible in sourcing and manufacturing hardline consumer products, including, but not limited to toys, collectibles, home wares, and more
- Serve as the manufacturing specialist and manager of day-to-day relationships between Blizzard and vendors in assigned categories.
- Identify and prospect growth opportunities in assigned categories.
- Manage vendors to ensure consistent quality of product execution including cost improvements, efficient lead times, packaging requirements, and globally compliant for commercialization.
- Understands and considers global trade agreements, labor, safety and material compliance regulations and overall international business environments to manage a capable and compliant vendor matrix.
- Facilitate cross departmental meetings and supplier engagement regarding cost, innovation, quality, and production.
- Work closely with product development and design teams to understand product requirements in order to align with vendor capabilities and capacity.
- Work closely with internal teams and designers to ensure adherence to design / merchandising calendar and each brand's franchise goals.
- Negotiate and review price quotes and draft manufacturing services agreements.
- Supervise coordinator on per project basis.
- Communicate status updates with director on a weekly basis.
- Assist director with special events / projects.
- Contribute to category strategy and annual product planning roadmap.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in product development and hardlines consumer products manufacturing.
- Able to communicate effectively and work well in a team environment with various internal organizations (such as creative development, marketing, legal, accounting, and international Blizzard teams)
- Experiences in managing multiple complex projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently
- International manufacturing and / or sourcing experience
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Intelligence, confidence, discretion, humility, and intellectual curiosity
- Able to work and thrive in a globally oriented environment
- Passion for playing computer games
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, Engineering or related field
- Experience in the entertainment and/or game industry
- Experience in manufacturing other consumer product categories
To apply please submit a PDF of your resume.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.