Job Description :
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Director, Manufacturing Strategy
Responsible for ensuring that the Company's global manufacturing network is positioned to be a source of competitive advantage and is capable of delivering the long term performance needed by its businesses.
Manages the Company's Manufacturing strategic planning processes / projects, including the annual strategy review, in-depth review of key strategic issues and investment prioritization.
Ensures the best use of organization resources in defining and planning goals, objectives and programs to achieve the strategic plan and to achieve growth and profitability.
Qualifications : Requirements:
- Provides input into the company's strategic plans, capacity and improvement strategies.
- Supports the annual strategic planning activities for the function ensuring corporate guidelines and schedules are met.
- Supports businesses and regions in their environmental/ business assessments and development/review of their long-term strategies.
- Develops manufacturing strategies consistent with the business strategy to ensure ability to deliver the planned business results
- Guides regional manufacturing operations through in-depth analysis and resolution of key strategic manufacturing issues.
- Supports the review and prioritization of manufacturing investments, and fulfills requirements of the Manufacturing Council (comprised of the company's senior manufacturing leaders)
- Recommends best-in-class Operational Excellence practices to be adopted in our global plants
- Provides key inputs towards optimizing the global manufacturing network and in managing aggregate capacities of the network
- Provides strategic link with division/region business development
- Coaches and develops team members (typically manufacturing and strategy professionals from businesses / regions.) when working on projects
Requires a bachelor's degree in science/technology/engineering and master's degree in business administration or Industrial Engineering/ Operations Research. Requires ten or more solid years of business experience and, at least, five years of management experience in dealing with issues of business and manufacturing strategy. Experience in large scale, medical device manufacturing network is highly preferred.
General business knowledge and in-depth knowledge in one or more of the following is needed to guide development of strategies: Manufacturing, Engineering or Operations.
Solid business acumen and knowledge of external healthcare business environment along with an understanding of competitive history and the ability to forecast next moves.
Solid understanding of the key drivers of manufacturing performance and how manufacturing capabilities can be used to derive competitive advantage in a healthcare setting
Solid quantitative and qualitative assessment skills, critical thinking skills, and ability to constructively challenge ideas and assumptions.
Familiarity with discrete manufacturing operations employing plastics processing technologies (e.g. extrusion, injection molding, automated assembly). Exposure to manufacture of sterile products a plus.
Requires a strategic orientation, ability to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity and the ability to help translate ideas into manufacturing / business strategies
Strong leadership skills and the ability to facilitate/manage in a matrix environment
Solid process management skills
Strong influencing skills and the ability to work in a highly matrixed, consensus-driven organization.
Good oral and written communication and presentation skills.
#LI-KA1 Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.