Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. What do you get to do in this position?
The Manufacturing Supervisor’s role is focused on excellence in team performance for their area. This includes maintaining on time delivery, quality levels, and staff development, as well as helping create the vision and objectives collaboratively with other supervisors to ensure our future business success. This is a 2nd Shift
position hours - 2pm - 10pm maybe some overtime.
Coordinate the day-to-day manufacturing activities of production workers to meet the production schedules, volume, cost and quality standards.
Qualifications: This job might be for you if:
- Manages scheduling of operator’s workload.
- Follows established company procedures and policy.
- Effective communication skills
- Exhibits strong leadership skills mentoring staff, evaluating employee performance, dealing with performance & behavioral issues, and hiring safety.
- Maintains compliance with and support of all safety, Health & Environmental rules/regulations in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Ensures Quality-Product and Service.
- Maintains strict adherence to documented processes and eliminating process variability.
- Ensuring schedule & production commitments are maintained (On Time Delivery).
- Responsible for supporting the Schneider Production System.
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement and embraces change and best practices outlined in the SPS guidelines.
- Monitor all appropriate KPI and reporting.
- Maintains production line efficiency (DVC), quality, cleanliness, and safety.
- Strong Customer Focus
- Counsels employees and administers reward or disciplinary action depending on situation.
- Assists in proper coordination of company policies and procedures regarding compliance with such legal activities as the OSHA, Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Program and all aspects of Discrimination and Sexual Harassment.
- 2-year Associate's degree in business or technical related field with plans to achieve a 4-year degree.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in a production environment.
- Proven ability to take personal ownership of issues and drive for results.
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication, decision-making and relationship management skills.
- Flexibility to respond to shifting priorities and ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Knowledge of or experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Excellent problem solving.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Very strong interpersonal skills - including strong conflict resolutions skills.
- Novice level knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts.
- Strong logistic problem solving skills and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to envision team improvements and rally the team to achieve them.
- Positive, enthusiastic, team player, champion for the business and our customers.
- Open minded
- Novice to competent level computer skills to include Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook and SAP
- Proven capability to perform in a fast paced environment with a high sense of urgency.
- A 4 Year Bachelor's Degree preferred in Engineering, Business or other related field.
- Strong knowledge of Schneider products, solutions and business.
- 2-3 years of experience in a Lead Assembly / Production position / preferred.
- Competent level computer skills to include Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Skype and SAP.
This position requires operators to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Candidates are required to be able to lift 26 pounds. Working safely and following all safety practices is a condition of employment. Other duties could be assigned.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.