- Oversee the completion of the department cleaning requirements for a specific shift deploying and aligning resources as necessary.
- Responsible for the total business performance of a shift with multiple cleaning areas
- Participate in the annual goal setting process and in the development of resulting strategies and tactics.
- Lead war on water program for the shift
- Responsible for Master cleaning schedule completion for shift assigned duties
- Responsible for production line inspection and product contact surface swabbing after each wet cleaning event
- Develop sanitation standard operating procedures (SSOP) for those areas or processes in need
- Assist teams in achievement of existing goals in cost, quality, safety, service and people. Responsible for eliminating barriers in the teams achieving their goals. Lead the team through the establishment of future annual and resulting quarterly goals in each of the aforementioned areas.
- Lead teams in development and implementation of cost management programs.
- Assure team effectively executes and sustains all improvement projects.
- Serve as the contact for salaried support groups supporting the assigned department.
- Interact with the production planner to assure an optimal cleaning strategy (meeting both customer service and operational targets).
- Develop knowledge of basic equipment and machinery operations in order to serve as a resource to team members and salaried support groups.
- Develop an understanding of the performance reporting systems and apply learnings.
- Develop teaming skills in order to be an effective coach to the shift teams.
- Administer policies, procedures and contractual language.
- Conduct presentations and formal training programs.
- Ensure timely and effective team communication.
- Ensure appropriate levels of staffing for effective plant operations.
- Understand and utilize quality concepts and processes such as FSMA. in order to interpret quality issues and recommendations suggested by team members.
- Conduct departmental cleaning checklist inspections as a FSMA QI and provide feedback to involved individuals where the paperwork originated
- Lead corrective action / preventative action (CAPA) process for the assigned shift
- Gain an understanding of the capital planning process and participate in future processes.
- Assist in the hiring and selection of new team members.
- Identify and recommend changes to existing line cleaning processes, which result in increased performance and decreased downtime
- Assist in the start-up of new products through the development of effective cleaning systems
- Bachelor's degree required, food science, entomology, or business preferred.
- 2-4 years experience managing hourly employees using a team based approach.
- Prefer experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Effective coaching facilitation, presentation, team building and communication skills.
- Demonstrated people and leadership skills including conflict resolution, problem solving and performance management.
- Must be willing and able to travel 5-10% of the time.
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.