Responsible for first-line direction of non-exempt employees involved in print production, bindery finishing, or shipping and receiving operations. Reviews production schedules, material and manpower resources. Assigns employees to maximize production objectives, maintain quality and attain output requirements. Informs assigned employees of production and material problems and coordinates with support groups to resolve problems affecting schedules. Participate in establishing and modifying operational methods and processes by recommending changes in materials, equipment and procedures. Maintain a variety of reports, records and production documentation to reflect schedules, performance, methods.
This is an off-shift position.
- Drive safety and quality-first culture.
- Resolve daily safety, quality, and production concerns.
- Administer quality corrective and prevention action program for hourly shift employees.
- Administer attendance program for hourly shift employees.
- Participate in plant focus groups: safety, quality, and productivity.
- Perform annual performance reviews for hourly shift employees.
- Conduct department shift meetings, as needed.
- Respond to production issues (in-house) telephone, email.
- Interact with other departments for service, quality, and staffing.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out- tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other productivity improvement projects, related duties, and participates in special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the requirements of their documented process as defined in the ISO Quality Manual.
Responsible for hourly employees on one shift or multiple overlapping shifts. Responsibilities include coaching, counseling, corrective action, and motivation.