Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/ or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
Responsible for the supervision and operation of the assigned areas of 2nd shift production. The Manufacturing Supervisor manages the following within an assigned production area: EHS compliance and personnel training; production quality metrics and attainment; daily production requirements, including monitoring, analyzing, and acting upon key performance indicator data; direct labor personnel development and performance management; work assignments and personnel schedules; and other approved programs and special projects. DUTIES
Job Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS
- Plan, organize and safely control the direct labor and indirect labor for assigned areas of production.
- Identify, implement, and follow up on improvements for safety, effectiveness and cost.
- Additional duties including material control, labor reporting, scrap control, training, budgets and
- Lead continuous improvement activities including 5S and lean workshops.
Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent. BS Degree from an accredited university or equivalent. 3 plus years progressive experience in supervision. Project management experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills. Proven leadership skills. Working knowledge of lean manufacturing, six sigma and 5S. Experience in manufacturing operations. Lead and direct teams and individuals to drive results. Manage complex, multi-functional projects. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Lean/5S Implementation skills to drive lean results. Root Cause Analysis techniques and Six Sigma methodologies. Knowledge and experience with Kanban systems. MRP skills required; SAP skills preferred.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties as a condition of employment:
- Comply with EHS rules.
- Lead the work area with a safe culture mindset.
- Support employees in their decision to shut down unsafe or environmentally damaging equipment or processes.
- Ensure completion of EHS training by all Employees.
- Participate actively in the safety process.
- Ask questions if something isn't known.
- Initiate an investigation on all accidents and injuries immediately.
- Submit suggestions to improve EHS and take action on suggestions submitted by employees.
- Act as emergency management coordinator for meeting locations and shelter areas. Initiate accountability in the event of an emergency. (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.).
- Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely.
- Ensure the completion of all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
- Ability to recognize deficiencies in chemical labeling.
- Coordination in minor spill management and clean-up.
- Capability to enforce satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
- Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.