DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting a Manufacturing Supervisor covering the second shift to be located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Responsible for day-to-day operations within assigned manufacturing area, including maintaining production schedules to support business demands, identifying and driving process improvement initiatives, and supporting talent development programs, while maintaining a high level of safety, quality, efficiencies and regulatory compliance. Works with team members to establish department goals and objectives and identify appropriate measurements and track progress in each area. This position will lead and facilitate process improvement teams and manage the technical issues which may impact production. Collaborate on the identifications and implementation of capital project(s) which support process improvement and advanced manufacturing capabilities. The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible to collaborate with Supply Chain Partners (i.e. Production Planning, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, etc) in order to deliver safe, reliable, high Quality products for our patients, at a reasonable cost.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for overall capacity planning, scheduling and manufacturing of existing and newly developed products in areas of assignment in compliance with all regulatory and QSR requirements in a cost effective manner and in accordance with planned budget.
• Responsible for pro-active people management and talent development. Sets the standards for performance assessment and feedback, effective communication, promoting positive morale and supporting employee involvement programs.
• Responsible for Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability performance to standards.
• Develops corrective actions for non-conformance issues identified by internal and external audits.
• Fosters a team environment within the department, Business Unit/Value Stream and across the broader Manufacturing Site.
• Ensures timely and quality delivery to both internal and external customers and has accountability for meeting objectives and taking an active role in project improvement activities, (ie., Lean and Process Excellence Initiatives, quality, cell development, new equipment start-ups, new product launch production plans).
• Maintains and improves quality standards, resolves technical related issues and improves manufacturing procedures, processes, monitoring and measurement systems.
• Conducts sound root cause investigations to address quality and scrap issues and develop effective corrective actions for non-conformance issues identified by the quality system.
• Maintain the maintenance of all production machinery by coordinating these functions as necessary with Facilities, Maintenance and Engineering departments.
• Reviews and signs process sheets for accuracy and correctness.
• Ensures preventative maintenance is conducted on a regular basis.
• Works closely with Engineering and Planning functions to forecast machinery, material and equipment needed to meet requirements of new and existing products. Works with Engineering to develop appropriate set up and lay out of equipment and cleanliness of general work areas.
• Promote and nurture the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and compliance, and actively support our compliance program-related initiatives and activities.
• Knowledgeable and compliant with laws and policies that apply to one's job, and diligently participates in compliance programs.
• Consistently enforce employee compliance, including attendance at training programs, and promptly report any non-compliance in accordance with Business Code of Conduct.
• Performs other related duties as required.Qualifications
• Bachelor Degree is required with a focus in Engineering, Organizational Leadership or Business discipline preferred.
• Minimum of six (6) years of experience in manufacturing or related operations is required. Two (2) years of lead or direct supervision experience is preferred.
• Experience within a GMP and/or ISO regulated manufacturing environment is preferred; ISO9001 or ISO13485 is preferred.
• Experience with NCR process, CAPA and other quality system components is preferred.
• Basic understanding and working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools is required. Lean Six/Sigma Training and/or Certification is preferred.
• General knowledge regarding capacity planning including ERP and Manufacturing Processing Systems (MPS) is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with revising site documentation to improve operations (logbooks, process sheets, work instructions, training guides, etc) is preferred.
• Must have PC knowledge with experience using Windows and Microsoft Office software is required.
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities to drive talent development is preferred.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills, and ability to effectively communicate and interface with all departments and levels of management is required.
• Demonstrated strong project management skills are preferred; the ability to lead and facilitate project improvements is preferred.
• Prior experience working in a union-manufacturing environment is preferred, but not required.
• Up to 10% of travel both domestically and internationally is required.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.