We are actively seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor to join our factory operation located in Jefferson City, Missouri. The Incumbent will report directly to the Manufacturing Manager and will provide leadership to our Packaging Department. The Incumbent will also ensure delivery of all KPI objectives for Safety, Quality, Cost, Productivity, and Service to their respective cells on a 24/7 basis through the management of work cell activities; serving as a link between the factory and external areas of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities :
Safety, Health, Environmental:
- Ensure compliance with the Safety, Health, and Environmental requirements established for the company in order to prevent and avoid all accidents and/or occupational hazards
- Contribute to reducing the impact to the environment through the various programs of sustainability, including compliance with all local, State, and Federal regulations
- Report any condition and/or unsafe action that can put persons and/or property of the company at risk through Safety Tags
- Drive Safety culture to deliver Zero TRFR thru SBO’s, Risk Assessments, Emergency Preparedness, and Incident Investigations
- Ensure compliance with the procedures and requirements of quality, hygiene, good manufacturing practices and documentation to ensure the product specifications meet the expectations of customers and consumers
- Drive key Quality KPI’s within the cell – D-incidents and GMP compliance
World Class Manufacturing and Benchmarking:
- Implementation of WCM methodologies in your Cell with primary responsibility for AM activities, while ensuring PM, FI and other pillar activities are being appropriately led
- Observing and analyzing the performance of other cells and adapting best practices for the improvement process themselves
- Responsible for reviewing Cell loss tree, and developing an action plan to address top losses, engaging support organizations as required
- Run or coordinate, as appropriate, the implementation of improvement actions and/or programs in Safety, Quality, Productivity, etc
- Lead Daily, Weekly, Monthly FOS and KPI reviews as established
Cost and Productivity:
- Managing optimal utilization of operational resources, such as personnel and capacity of the lines
- Generating and executing VIP savings initiatives within the Cell
- Responsible for managing Waste reduction for Raw and Pack in their Cell
- Through appropriate coaching of the performance of daily activities
- Assign KPI’s and KAI’s to other members of the Cell Team to lead and own
- Attending to the capacity needs of the work cell in order to grant the necessary tools for the execution of your activities
- Deliver Performance Reviews for all Cell Hourly Team members
- Provide input for other Cell Leader performance reviews.
- Participate in support area interactions and meetings as needed to drive the Cell performance agenda
- Maintaining constant communication with the Planning Team, reviewing weekly production, projection of volumes, capacity utilization and possible risks of material supply as to not interrupt the continuity of the production
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Business, or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in leadership within a manufacturing or production environment
- Proficiency with MS Office; SAP is a plus
- Ability to run projects
- Leadership skills to manage interpersonal relations
- Ability to understand the basis of an organization, focused on customer-supplier needs, both internal and external
- Excellent communication skills, as well as when responding to a changing environment in an orderly and coherent manner
- Capacity to be a leader in the formation, design, implementation, and integration of new concepts and technologies
- Administration of continuous improvement methods and strong foundation in WCM
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.