Manufacturing Supervisor - Off Shift Location: Geneva, IL
Shift: This is an off shift position ( 2 nd or 3 rd ) there will be times where this position would need to be available to flex hours to cover vacations, etc. Supervision Responsibilities:
- Solicits and encourages process, procedure and equipment improvements from team members.
- May facilitate employee team operations.
- Arranges for proper maintenance of machines and equipment.
- May report daily indicators, including production scrap.
- Investigates material variances, reports results of investigation and recommends improvements.
- May assign work to meet daily manufacturing requirements.
- May audit Standard Work Practices for each area and regularly reviews them for effectiveness through team meetings and practice.
- Daily preparation of shift reports
- May control labor and material usage to meet or improve standard costs.
- May coordinate workflow with Production Control.
- Be able to perform moderate to heavy lifting, be able to work in physically demanding environment
- Coach and provide consistent application of employee relation policies.
- May review and coach employees in accordance with the plant goals.
- May maintain accurate database information regarding employee training and certification.
- Trains production personnel to perform work assignments safely and efficiently.
- May familiarize personnel with Company rules and regulations.
- Utilize timekeeping and HR systems for accurate accounting of work hours & job related data for his/her team
- Administers production salary/wage policy for operating personnel properly.
- Requisitions operating personnel to meet established goals.
Who we are
- Maintain a commitment to safety in all aspects of the job
- Administers and enforces health, environmental and safety standards, work practices and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Work in a drug free environment
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you. Equal Opportunity & Non-Discrimination
- Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law , EEO is the Law (supplement) , and Pay Transparency Non-discrimination . Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree Required. Engineering, Business, Operations or other related fields preferred.
- Minimum one year supervisory experience in manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in a heavy industrial environment is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a Union environment is preferred
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to work a PM or overnight shift
- Must be able to work 12 hours shifts (night or day shift), overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
Performs other duties as assigned
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.