BS/BA or Associates Degree or college courses with 5 or more years of directly related experience. Degree in other discipline if sufficient technical depth has been achieved from professional experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of directly related manufacturing (or related) experience (preferably with leadership role)
• Clear understanding of the control systems used to run processes in modern large scale Biopharmaceutical plants.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills which emphasize teamwork and a strong quality orientation.
• Strong team player with demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a diverse team.
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems.
• Strong quality/compliance orientation and track record. Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills. Strong influence and relationship building skills with an emphasis on teamwork. Comprehensive understanding of Lean/Six Sigma (OE) principles and their application.
Supervises daily manufacturing operations at the Rockville site, Provides first line supervision to Operation Support Manufacturing Associates responsible for preparation of media and solutions, operate fixed/portable tanks and CIP skids, operate pasteurizer equipment, utilizing Delta V and other computerized systems. Also responsible for the on-time delivery of glass washed and autoclave parts and assemblies to manufacturing for use in the process. Additonal responsibilites include all related administrative duties as well as staff coaching and mentoring, problem resolution, and builing a collaborative network, within the site, and across the company.
• Provides first-line supervision on day, swing or night shift, to a staff of Manufacturing Associates who conduct: the preparation of media and buffers, operate CIP skids, buffer and media tanks, pasteurizing equipment and othe bench top lab equipment. Additionally should be able to order materials through Production Planning to ensure on time delivery of required buffers and medias is maintained. Production Supervisors are expected to have the capability to perform above activities alongside Manufacturing Associates.
• Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with site SOP's, GSK EHS standards and guidelines and relevant legal requirements and ensure that their team do the same.
• Assures that the preparation of buffer and media meets all quality standards for cGMP, GSK and any other applicable regulatory agency.
• Supports successful implementation of new products and processes into the facility, including all appropriate equipment and area changeover activities.
• Accountable for Manufacturing Associate development and/or performance management though activities such as assignments and associated technical training programs.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.