Job Description: Manufacturing Supervisor- 2nd Shift
- Solicits and encourages process, procedure and equipment improvements from team members.
- May facilitate employee team operations.
- Arranges for proper maintenance of machines and equipment.
- May report daily indicators, including production scrap.
- Investigates material variances, reports results of investigation and recommends improvements.
- May assign work to meet daily manufacturing requirements.
- May audit Standard Work Practices for each area and regularly reviews them for effectiveness through team meetings and practice.
- Daily preparation of shift reports
- May control labor and material usage to meet or improve standard costs.
- May coordinate workflow with Production Control.
- Be able to perform moderate to heavy lifting, be able to work in physically demanding environment
- Coach and provide consistent application of employee relation policies.
- May review and coach employees in accordance with the plant goals.
- May maintain accurate database information regarding employee training and certification.
- Trains production personnel to perform work assignments safely and efficiently.
- May familiarize personnel with Company rules and regulations.
- Utilize timekeeping and HR systems for accurate accounting of work hours & job related data for his/her team
- Administers production salary/wage policy for operating personnel properly.
- Requisitions operating personnel to meet established goals.
Job Qualifications: Qualifications / Requirements:
- Maintain a commitment to safety in all aspects of the job
- Administers and enforces health, environmental and safety standards, work practices and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Work in a drug free environment
- Bachelor's Degree Required. Engineering, Business, Operations or other related fields preferred.
- Minimum one year supervisory experience in manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in a heavy industrial environment is preferred.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to work a PM or overnight shift
- Must be able to work 12 hours shifts (night or day shift), overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.