Eaton has an immediate opening for a 2 Shift Supervisor in Jackson, MI.
This position is responsible to lead operations for hourly employees and to drive continuous improvements in safety, quality, on-time delivery, productivity, and other cost measures through use of the Eaton Business System (EBS) tools. This position is primarily responsible for 2nd shift operations with other area responsibility to be determined.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Champion a Safety Culture through using MESH tools, safety best practices, and empowering all employees to take responsibility for their own safety as well as all of everyone they work with
- Lead areas of responsibility in the use of EBS practices, including MESH, ELSS, EQS, ProLaunch, and BOS/BSC, with focus on performance of the entire value stream. Keep focus on meeting customer needs, both internal and external (Customer Centric Focus / KBKC)
- Utilize the Tiered Meeting process to track and analyze key operational metrics and implement actions to improve operational performance. Direct day-to-day activities, including manpower movement, job assignments, time/attendance/vacation data, etc.
- Championing teamwork through the Continuous Improvement Framework process and use of ELSS tools to continuously improve operational performance. Participate in other CI Teams as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the 1st shift FLL to schedule overtime, and execute to labor plan.
- Coach employees one-on-one to address performance issues and drive operator accountability
- Establish and maintain a positive, engaged employee team sentiment through application of Eaton’s Values, Ethics, and Philosophies and empowering employees to make decisions, innovate, and work in a continuous learning environment
- Train and develop hourly team members, engage support team members in problem solving efforts. Clearly define and communicate expectations, providing positive reinforcement when met and providing coaching and counseling as necessary when not met
- Additional responsibilities as assigned including periodic weekend supervision
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
Minimum of 2 years of experience in supply chain or warehouse or operations.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Relocation is being offered for this position within the continental United states.
Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, manufacturing production/operations, and Supply Chain Management personnel.
Expert knowledge in materials and production master scheduling, inventory control, transportation/logistics, purchasing, logistics, manufacturing control systems, (APICS), and customer JIT services.
Application experience in EBS, Lean Concepts, ISO, and QS9000 quality systems.
3-5 years of management/leadership experience
Experience managing in a union environment
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.