Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you're searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI.
Job Description The Associated Materials Shift Superintendent provides leadership and management in a large, complex manufacturing work environment. This key leadership position requires the ability to coach and direct other leaders and Production Associates while collaborating with internal and external resources and support functions to meet production requirements and exceed company goals. OBJECTIVES:
- Provide a safe work environment for all associates while maintaining continuous improvement of production and quality metrics.
- Ensure the Quality Improvement Process and Team leadership are employed within areas of responsibility.
- Control cost and assets managed within established goals.
- Provide timely, accurate, and consistent reports (safety, production, cost, human resources, administrative, etc.) for area of responsibility that is Plant Wide and covers all shifts.
- Oversee all aspects of safety, quality, and production in the plant for an assigned shift.
- Lead, direct, and execute on production, preventative maintenance, and housekeeping.
- Manage self and others assertively with attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Business or other related discipline
- Previous leadership experience in the processing, fabrication, machining, or production in a made-to-order manufacturing facility
- Ability to track flow of critical materials and transactions via computer
- Metrics driven with an ability to successfully operate autonomously
- A firm understanding of one-piece flow methodology
Additional Information All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com
Videos To Watch
A little about us:
AMI is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of professionally installed, exterior building products for remodeling and new construction.