Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to assume the role of Manufacturing Systems and IOT Engineer
at our Seneca, South Carolina plant. What do you get to do in this position?
The applicant will lead and support manufacturing engineering projects including automation, manufacturing processes, related systems and process improvement. This includes Smart Factory manufacturing innovation projects in advanced technologies such as augmented reality, collaborative robotics, machine learning, and other state-of-the-art solutions. The position will drive Internet of Things (IoT) – develops and supports both technical and functional solutions to connect plant equipment to business systems.
- Works on daily and long term problems/projects using manufacturing, quality, and Schneider Production System (SPS) tools to resolve issues. ie. PFMEA, Control Plan, 8D, SAP, work orders, layout, etc.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion (based upon SPS principles) for obtaining results.
- Supports new product development projects, determines cost estimates, design concepts and engineering criteria along with conceptual process layouts for given project.
- Develops innovative process, safety, ergonomic, and material handling improvement solutions.
- Serves manufacturing operations as KEY SUPPORT person leading resolutions to problems, implementing improvement, and leading projects to completion.
- Propose technical solutions for complex and multidisciplinary problems to the management team.
- Familiarity with WiFi/BT radios and antennas.
- Experience with hardware/software development in the areas of SDK, connectivity, smart sensors, machine learning or IoT devices.
- Familiar with programmable logic controller (PLC), Human Machine Interface (HMI) software, and SCADA systems.
· Knowledge of IoT programming languages (Java, C#, Python, Swift, C ) .
- Experience in object oriented programming language(s)and SQL skills.
- Familiarity with WiFi/BT radios and antennas.
- HMI/ SCADA solutions development experience for electrical power monitoring and control applications.
Qualifications: This job might be for you if:
- Identify and drive productivity projects using innovative Smart Factory solutions.
- Obtain equipment and machine data through smart sensors/methods and communicate through daily SIM (Short Interval Management) processes.
- Drive creative improvements to complex problems through innovative solutions such as machine learning and augmented reality.
- Develop cloud based systems to optimize digital communication of plant information systems and data.
- Bachelor's degree in a field of Engineering or Science - Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science preferred
- Relevant experience preferred 3-5 years
- Good communication skills
- Some travel required (15%)
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.