Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for a Manufacturing Systems Test and Configuration Management Leader.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Develops functional and technical test methodologies, plans, scenarios and cases for testing of applications and systems at various stages of development and implementation; coordinates and executes testing to ensure quality solutions and efficient system performance; reports testing results and tracks resolution of issues identified during testing.
- Leads the creation and execution of complex testing documentation (including plans, conditions, and scripts) based on business and technical requirements for large projects or programs.
- Leads gathering feedback of testing results, ensuring defects are logged, tracked, resolved, re-tested, closed, and reviewed by the appropriate stakeholders prior to the scheduled release.
- Ensures complex applications and/or solutions adhere to high quality standards.
- Leads the analysis of complex information systems; identifies and documents any quality related issues.
- Leads the effort, working with BA's, to develop customer relationships as a liaison between customer and solutions delivery teams ensuring complex applications meet business needs.
- Leads the application of various testing methodologies within various development methodologies (waterfall, agile & iterative); responds appropriately to highly complex testing needs
- Leads the effort to work closely to understand and align with Change & Release management policies in support of their testing needs prior to deployment to Production.
- Leads the application of testing tools and processes in support of the Cummins SDLC model.
- Carries out complex tasks on large projects.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced testing analysts; documents knowledge and solutions for future use.
IT Metrology - The ability to understand and apply the science of measurement in order to determine conformance to requirements. The ability to develop standards (measures, metrics, and key performance indicators) to accurately assess whether the solution meets the intended outcomes.
Software Development Methodologies - Able to apply industry defined development techniques to create or modify IT solutions.
Solution Validation (Testing) - The ability to validate that a configuration item change and/or solution meets requirements defined specifications and that it fulfills its intended purpose.
Solution Verification (Process) - The ability to verify that the configuration item changes and/or solutions development processes, best practices, and standards are adhered to (repeatable) and deliverables are completed with the expected level of quality (reproducibility).
Organizational Awareness - Understands and works in line with the organization's mission, operations, structure, and goals; understands informal structures and processes of the organization; understands organization-level implications of his or her day-to-day decisions.
Relationship Management - Creates relationships with new acquaintances quickly and confidently; works to build trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships (e.g., vendor relationships); is comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions.
Influence - Applies different approaches to convince others to change their opinion or plan, and wins support from others for ideas; is able to build support with peers without direct lines of reporting across a matrix organization.
Decision Making - Considers the relative benefits and costs of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; acts decisively and swiftly; identifies problems and drives toward solutions; takes on responsible roles and accountability for outcomes even when things go wrong; is comfortable making difficult decisions. Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required. Experience
Significant relevant experience required. 5-7 years of experience.
Functional Excellence (FE) leader within Supply Chain IT Manufacturing Systems responsible for quality assurance best practice across all domains: Cummins Manufacturing Execution System (CMES), Manufacturing Process Planning (MPP), Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO/Maximo), Quality (MetricStream) Health and Safety (Enablon) and Statistical Process Control (SPC). Establish common standards, tools, processes, and measures and drive consistency. Work with other quality assurance leaders in Manufacturing Systems to implement the same. Accountable for establishing and adhering to a schedule to achieve the above. Provide regular status reporting to Manufacturing Systems management.
Responsible for the testing and release processes for CMES and MPP. Responsible for software object configuration management, migration of code between development environments and to customer sites, test script completeness and accuracy, and automated testing using Rational Functional Tester (RFT). Ensure new CMES code meets or exceeds limits for response time in the CMES load test environment.
Manage the offshore/onsite Global Preferred Vendor (GPV) Integration Test Team and the Functional Test Team for delivering the testing of various CMES functionality.
Plan and schedule resources including testers and testing environments. Provide estimates for test durations and dependencies as part of upcoming releases. Release new functionality to the plants according to planned release dates set during the monthly planning sessions.
Participate and co-lead bi-weekly Change Implementation Board (CIB) meetings.
Participate in Affinity Analysis sessions to define and determine the scope of the CMES Releases.
Ensure tracking of PRs and CRs in ClearQuest for each of the CMES Release and their Hot Patches. Regularly monitor the ClearQuest project queues for timely disposition of the PR/CRs. Assign PR/CRs to various CMES sub-teams during a project life cycle as per the need of the situation. Manage versioning for all types of CMES Releases using ClearQuest.
Coordinate with various CMES sub-teams to prepare for the testing cycles of various CMES Releases (Development/Design/Controls/Infrastructure teams).
Prepare trend analysis and scorecard for the testing cycle after each CMES Release is delivered. Prepare and participate in the post-project lessons-learned reviews.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
• Bachelor or equivalent degree
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience plus annualized bonus potential. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.