Responsible for safe production activities in assigned area(s). Combines working knowledge of technical/professional principles and concepts with in depth knowledge of team objectives. Ensures the quality and service of self and others. Regularly leads teams and provides technical leadership.Job Qualifications:Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Other duties as assigned.
- Leads the safety effort within the department and ensures that employees apply safety-first attitudes.
- Observes and monitors work to ensure that operators and technicians conform to production and ISO quality standards.
- Inspects and samples materials, products, or equipment to monitor for quality and to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Conducts minor maintenance to equipment.
- Monitors and maintains inventory levels.
- Maintains operations data and accurately reports daily production, delegating issues, and pass through results, scrap, or other measurable specific to the area of supervision.
- Conducts employee training in equipment operation, work and safety procedures and ensures that employees receive all required training and are competent to perform job duties.
- Communicates, supports and enforces company policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively both in verbal and in written form.
- Works safely, follows safety rules and regulations, and assists supervisors and managers in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
- Stands stationary at workstation without sitting or leaning using repetitive hand motion, arm, and shoulder motion at a continuous pace.
- Bends, stoops, crouches, reaches , and pulls.
- Walks, cleans, and completes paperwork.
- Lifts and moves up to 50 pounds.
- Inspects product using near vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Frequently exposed to humid conditions, and extreme cold or heat.
- Frequently exposed to airborne particles.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and loud noise levels.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes and risk electrical shock.
Johnson Controls is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Functional knowledge and literacy of area of supervision.
- Experience in area of supervision and/or supervision preferred.
- Forklift license within two weeks of hire.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.