Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, responsible to provide supervision to production employees in department(s) including work scheduling and assignment, employee training, ensuring production quality and quantity requirements are met, administering safety, communication and equipment maintenance, administrative duties include e-Time labor verifications, and SAP transactions. This position requires Associates placed in the position to successfully complete specific training. These training requirements can be located on the Marinette Operations Training Matrix.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Ask questions if something isn't known
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know responsibilities in the event of an emergency (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.)
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
• Must have Lock-out tags after 6 months?
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Air shutoff locations.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent. Preference given to candidates possessing post-secondary education in manufacturing or relevant business related coursework. 3 - 5 years experience on a manufacturing environment.
Standard Products Production employees engaged in operations such as assembling and welding
1. Must possess creativity/adaptability to successfully manage Department to effectively address changing business conditions and to achieve objectives.
2. Must provide effective supervision of assigned employees to achieve desired results. Attributes necessary to meet this need may include communications, motivation, team building, employee involvement, diplomacy, delegating, etc. skills as well as confidence and enthusiasm.
3. Must possess thorough and relevant manufacturing knowledge.
4. Position requires occasional exercise of decision making, problem solving, policy or procedure interpretation and facilitation skills.
5. Ability to handle responsibilities with effective interpersonal skills and to effectively interface with others inside and outside the Company is required.
6. Position requires computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel and MRP software; with SAP knowledge a plus.
7. May generally lead 15 to 30 employees.
8. Keep Production Supervisor informed of all pertinent information and developments.
9. Position requires extensive standing and walking as part of normal job duties.
10. Candidate must be skilled in nature in order to function in an environment where a variety of occupational skills may be required.
11. Position requires ability to work in a normal production plant environment.
12. Inventory monitoring, labor error corrections, correct COGI errors, track part shortages, and update manufacturing schedules and e-time.
13. Will be responsible for monitory the process of incoming and outgoing inventory this will be accomplished by working with a designated planner.
14. Occasionally operates production equipment and tools.
15. Supplementary assistance to line operators.
16. Train employees in operation of equipment, as needed, in operation setup and trainer level proficiency.
17. Support to shift Production Supervisor in areas of production: scheduling, manpower planning and vacation planning.
18. Lead and support projects and assignments as assigned by Production Supervisor.
19. Raw material CNS planning, parts procurement, staging and line support; with the support of SAP tools.
Vacations approved in your current department do not carry over to your new department.
Interested employees may apply for this position by going to www.mytycohr.com.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.