At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking Production Operators for the Cumberland, Wisconsin Plant. Here, you go. 3M Cumberland
values its customers, employees and the surrounding community. Operating with integrity in all facets of our operation, we strive for manufacturing excellence and continuously look for opportunities to improve the quality of our products, reduce cost and actively engage employees. The roots of the plant are primarily in sandpaper converting operations, however, over the years the plant has evolved and diversified into other core business such as floor pads, lapping films, microfinishing films, and superabrasives.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- A strong commitment to a safe work environment by demonstrating safe work behaviors and making safe decisions related to tasks performed. This includes maintaining neat and orderly conditions in work areas, and operating assigned equipment in a safe, effective, and efficient manner
- Converting and making abrasives products according to procedures to meet or exceed customer expectations by operating automated equipment and machinery, using analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Collaborate, communicate and work effectively within a business work team setting. This includes maintaining a flexible and cooperative attitude toward business fluctuations and customer requests.
- Responsive and engaged in problem solving and root cause discussions
- Understand and apply lean manufacturing principals and support continuous improvement.
- Collect, communicate and accurately report a variety of business-related data using electronic methods including computers (databases, email, and business-specific systems) and PLC (touch screen controls).
- Operate powered and manual industrial vehicles, powered and manual tools and powered and manual equipment.
- Wear personal protection equipment and other clothing items or uniforms as required
- Weekend work
- Working overtime
- Working on holidays as needed
- Working weekly rotating shifts and/or a fixed 3rd shift depending on shift availability
- Short notice shift coverage
- Frequent physical demands, including:
- Lifting/Carrying 11-20lbs regularly, 21-50 lbs occasionally
- Pull/Push force of motion required
- Prolonged standing
- Operating Power Industrial Vehicles & Hoists
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum three (3) years of plant and/or manufacturing experience
- Previous manufacturing, construction, mechanical, military and/or agricultural experience
- Possess an Associate's degree or higher in a technical discipline
- Intermediate computer knowledge
- Understand and follow both oral and written instructions
- Self-motivated, team oriented, and excellent interpersonal skills
: Cumberland, WIRelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for a Manufacturing Team Member position at 3M Cumberland. Qualified applications may be considered when Manufacturing Team Member openings occur at 3M Cumberland for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition.About 3M
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $ 30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @ 3M or @3MNewsroom.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.