This is Second Shift
The Manufacturing Technician I is responsible for executing all processes in production while strictly adhering to cGMP, environmental health and safety guidelines and any other related regulations which could apply. He/She is expected to fully participate in both departmental projects and any quality working teams which may be applicable. Under the general direction of the lead technician and the overall direction of the supervisor, this position shall be responsible for the hands on execution of all activities in the production area.
1. Supports all local manufacturing operations.
2. Supply components, small parts, glassware, tubing, etc. to cell culture and purification areas.
3. Operate general production equipment (such as parts washers, autoclave, stir plates, etc.)
4. Complete relevant paperwork following GDP/GMP guidelines.
5. Manually clean all portable equipment and small parts.
6. Participate on Continuous Improvement Teams.
7. Receive and distribute supplies into the production area as necessary.
8. Perform daily cleaning of the production area to maintain in GMP fashion.
9. May perform other duties as assigned.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills and understanding of cGMP regulations.
• Familiarity with pharmaceutical production equipment including but not limited to autoclave, DP oven and CIP/SIP.
• Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions.
• Good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
• This position requires shift, weekend and holiday work. Overtime may be required at times.
• The incumbent must work in a clean room environment wearing special garments. Additionally, personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
• Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures.
• May require immunization before performing work within the manufacturing area.
Requires AA degree or high school diploma with 0-2 years related manufacturing experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.