Job Description : Summary
The Manufacturing Technician 4 is responsible for executing all processes in production. Under the overall direction of the supervisor, this position shall be responsible for the hands on execution of all activities in the production area while strictly adhering to current Good Manufacturing Practices, Specifications, Standard Operating Procedures, Job-Specific Training Materials, environmental health and safety guidelines and any other related regulations which could apply. He/She fully understands the regulations and may make recommendations according to their interpretations. The incumbent acts as a delegate to the supervisor and may conduct departmental activities in their absence. He/She is responsible for the successful transfer of new processes/methodologies into the manufacturing area. In addition to being fully accountable and involved in all production processes, he/she may problem solve in other functional areas He/She is expected to fully participate in both departmental projects and any quality working teams which may be applicable. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist supervisor in organizing, scheduling and directing other team members.
- Main interface with other departments to resolve issues related to equipment, process, compliance, including maintenance, metrology, validation.
- Involved in hands-on execution of manufacturing operations.
- Ensure timely and accurate generation of process documentation. Review documentation.
- Resolve issues related to equipment, process and compliance. Main troubleshooting/response person.
- Investigate any process problems timely and provide documentation.
- Participate on Continuous Improvement Teams and may serve in a leadership role.
- Responsible for training execution, which includes planning and presentation.
- Mentor other team members and monitor training for newer team members.
- Assist with process/equipment validation and data analysis.
- Assign other project work and/or involvement in teams to team members.
- Represent the dept. in cross functional teams as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications : Qualifications:
Good computer skills
- In-depth process knowledge of related manufacturing techniques and specialties.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and understanding of cGMP regulations. Good procedural writing skills.
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical production equipment including but not limited to: Mixing, Filling, Finishing, and Clean-In-Place / Steam-In-Place.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions.
- Incumbent must be proficient in a variety of mathematical disciplines and be able to work with both the metric and USA standards of measurement.
- Must be able to apply quantitative analysis to analyze process performance.
- Must have demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills and be able to lead a work team effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- This position requires shift, weekend and holiday work. Overtime may be required at times.
- The incumbent must work in a clean room environment wearing special garments. Additionally, personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures.
Education & Experience: Equal Employment Opportunity
- Requires AA degree with 4-6 years of experience or high school diploma with >6 years related manufacturing experience.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.