Manufacturing Technician 2 - Mechanical
Company: General Electric
Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin
Posted: November 02, 2017
Reference ID: 3013664
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Performs diverse and complex electro-mechanical assignments in support of GEHC product development and manufacturing. Assignments may include, but are not limited to: fabrication and assembly of fixtures and equipment, set up and running of data acquisition equipment for tests, carrying out experiments, reporting/documenting results of tests and measures, lead compliance and quality activities and train other team members.
• Test production assemblies and sub-assemblies for correct operation and compliance to performance specifications
• Interfaces with other departments in the execution of duties to ensure the orderly flow of materials and information
• Utilizing initiative and independent judgment, construct and assist in evaluating engineering models
• Perform advanced trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution. Conduct experiments and diagnostic tests, as required to draw conclusions
• Perform software and hardware evaluation and implement plans using knowledge of product, system operation, intermodule interactions, engineering tolls, and interactive software tools as required
• Utilize basic technical communications throughout the new product cycle to improve internal models and/or externally sourced components in terms of system performance, reliability, functionality, and serviceability
• Provide evaluation, constructive feedback and leadership in the development of internal and external engineering, manufacturing, or service documentation
• Develop and execute training plans as required
• Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals. Provide technical leadership by assisting others in troubleshooting, answering questions and seeking engineering assistance
• Train other team members through technical communications and/or presentations.
• Lead compliance and quality activities by looking for defect trends, learning about quality issues and concessions and passing information to other technicians. Serve as the manufacturing expert on new product introductions by providing feedback to engineering and manufacturing personnel as new products are developed and new procedures are implemented
• Provide technical assistance by telephone or in person to customers, field service personnel, or suppliers
• Comply with EHS regulations and policies
1. Associates degree, or a High School diploma and 2 years technical experience
2. Proficiency in troubleshooting electro-mechanical equipment to ensure robust process operation using identifiable problem solving techniques
3. Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
4. Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
5. Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
6. Ability to communicate using English (or local language)
1. Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.