GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Here's your opportunity to join the Ultrasound production team. This technician performs diverse and complex assignments in support of GE Healthcare Ultrasound product development and manufacturing. Assignments may include, but are not limited to: set up and running of data acquisition equipment for tests, carrying out experiments, and reporting/documenting results of tests and measures.
• Test production assemblies and sub-assemblies for correct operation and compliance to performance specifications
• Interface with other departments in the execution of duties to ensure the orderly flow of material and information
• Construct and assist in evaluating engineering prototypes
• Perform basic trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution. Conduct experiments and diagnostic tests, as required to draw conclusions.
• Provide evaluation, constructive feedback and leadership in the development of internal and external engineering, manufacturing, or service documentation
• Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals
• Comply with Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) regulations and policies
• Demonstrate openness to taking general direction in the execution of all job related activities
1. Associates degree, or a High School diploma and a minimum of 2 years of technical experience
2. Proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem solving techniques
3. Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
4. Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
5. Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
6. Ability to communicate using English
7. Ability to work both "in week" and weekend overtime based on business needs
8. Demonstrated ability to be flexible and shows initiative when presented with cross training opportunities
9. Demonstrated teamwork skills
1. Aware of and comply with the GE Healthcare Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type / position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
4. Knowledge and understanding of production process, work instructions, documentation configuration control, non-conforming and rework documentation requirements and operates within them to ensure that a device conforms to its specification.
5. Aware of and comply with Stop Order, Concessions, Electrostatic discharge (ESD), Calibration, Preventative Maintenance, Material Identification and Segregation, and Good Documentation Practices, as associated with this position.
6. You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
7. You must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
8. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without work sponsorship at the time of hire
9. Must be willing to work in our Wauwatosa, WI facility full time
10. Must submit application for employment through Career Opportunity System or gecareers.com to be considered
11. Must be 18 years of age or older
1. Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
2. Previous work experience with business IT tools used in production such as Oracle, MyWorkshop, e-DHR, etc.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Wauwatosa
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.