Has developed proficiency in a range of processes or procedures through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience. Completes a variety of atypical assignments, as needed. Works within defined processes and procedures or methodologies and may help determine the appropriate approach for new assignments. Completes work with a limited degree of supervision. Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience. Key Responsibilities
- Utilizes work orders, schematics, wiring diagrams, engineering specifications, parts and wire lists, written and/or verbal instructions to build, repair and/or test electrical, electro-mechanical, vacuum, pneumatic assemblies, subassemblies and components.
- Performs a wide variety of electro-mechanical assembly operations, troubleshooting and repair. Identifies and corrects errors.
- Observes all safety standards. Maintains a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Attends required health and safety training and follows safety and security policies, procedures and practices. Promptly reports accidents, injuries, safety hazards, or emergencies to supervisor or Safety dept. Follows operating instructions, uses protective equipment when required, and uses equipment and materials properly. Actively strives to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Utilizes test fixtures, electronic measurement equipment, leak detectors, and/or vacuum pumps to test assemblies, subassemblies and components. Enters data on computer terminal, such as progress, work expense and labor details. May perform computer programming, repair or software
- Checks own work for conformance to specifications. Good working knowledge of job assignments. Details finished work. Receives parts and performs audits to ensure all necessary parts are available to perform build, test and repair. Inspects parts for defects. Troubleshoots and improves processes.
- Has developed proficiency in a range of analytical processes or procedures to carry out assigned tasks
- Has a good understanding of how the team integrates with others to achieve objectives
- May provide informal guidance and support to more junior team members
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures
- Impacts the quality of own work and its contribution to the team
- Uses communication skills to regularly exchange information
- Associate's Degree
- 2 - 4 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.