At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Technology Development Engineer for the Electronic Materials Solution Division located in Austin, TXJob Summary
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Technology Development Engineer
will be responsible for the development and scale-up of new methods to manufacture connection technologies that enable high speed data transfer. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead new product introduction programs, LEAN Six Sigma continuous improvement programs (cost reduction, productivity improvements, etc.), and process improvement programs to drive measurable improvements in business results.
- Implement new technologies and processes to commercialize new products. Implement innovative solutions to solve process problems and realize opportunities (quality, service, cost).
- Determine best path forward when presented with ambiguous process or product development situations and lead the team to a positive result.
- Support manufacturing sites to achieve operational excellence targets through process optimization and automation. Serve as a liaison between manufacturing sites, division engineering, and corporate laboratories.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a laboratory and/or manufacturing environment
Location: Austin, TXTravel: May include up to 15% domestic/international travelRelocation Benefits: Are authorized for this position
- BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Master's degree in a technical field or MBA
- Minimum of five (5) years combined experience in process engineering, process development engineering, and/or engineering design
- At least two (2) years of experience in process engineering
- Track record of successful process scale-up in a team environment
- Experience in design for manufacturability, process engineering, high speed mechanical assembly, plastics molding, high speed robotics, optical cable, optical cable design, optical connector manufacturing, equipment scale-up, and/or pilot plant operations
- Track record of successful participation in new product introduction (NPI)
- Track record of successful leadership of Lean Six Sigma projects
- Track record of successful leadership of large capital projects
- Preferred skills include
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Design and execution of statistical DOE
- Familiarity with Solidworks, Pro-E, or other common industrial 3-D design packages
- Strong hands-on engineering style with a track record of rapidly learning and deploying new skills
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.