Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Business Units deliver reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Memphis, Tennessee for a Manufacturing Engineer. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Plans, designs, purchases, and/or implements integrated manufacturing assembly or fabrication processes in a manufacturing plant.
- Determines the manufacturing processes required to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification.
- Works with engineering to identify problems with product and performance.
- Recommends solutions or enhancements.
- Plans and designs methods to improve efficiency in production; trains line employees on new processes and methods.
- Work to improve equipment availability and capability by utilizing continuous improvement tools and working cross functionally.
- Define manufacturing standard working methods
- Supports capital acquisition and capacity planning and change control.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Coaches and mentors less experienced Manufacturing Engineers.
- Lead or support remanufacturing development projects to improve process yield and reduce material cost. This involves resolving specific component defects with solutions that may include traditional subtractive methods, as well as more modern additive methods. This work is performed using standard methods such as New Salvage Introduction or VPI.
- Lead or support remanufacturing process technology development projects to develop new inspection, cleaning or refurbishment methods. This work is done using the Product Preceding Technology process.
- Project leadership includes the management of the cross-functional team needed to accomplish the work, as well as the project management to deliver the scope on time and on budget. Project support will typically include serving as the Manufacturing Engineering core team member responsible for the ME functional deliverables.
- Determine the manufacturing strategy and capital requirements for new salvage processes that are sufficiently capable, cost-effective and aligned with plant operational needs. This includes learning current critical salvage processes, product families and print intricacies.
- Drive internal/external customer understanding and acceptance activities including inputs to layout, process documentation, control plans, modified to match new machinery for each part number.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Valued traits include: working collaboratively across boundaries, being able to influence at multiple management levels, being data driven, being determined to deliver financial benefits to the business.
Compensation and Benefits
- Masters in Engineering and a minimum of 4 years of work experience preferred.
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.