At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Technology Engineer for the Health Care Business located in Brookings, SD. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Technology Engineer
will have responsibility for supporting multiple production lines, achieving the highest quality product, protecting customer safety, increasing yields, and reducing manufacturing cost. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Product and process support for existing operations in the Extruding/Embossing Department
- Lead and/or contribute to various cross functional teams/projects
- Project planning, management and implementation
- Lean Six Sigma project initiation, leadership, execution and measurement
- New product scale-up and commercialization
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering discipline from an accredited university
- 3-5 years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Demonstrated use of skills and knowledge of equipment, systems, materials, processes, and procedures to solve manufacturing problems
- Effective project management skills with proven track record
- Ability to understand and apply lean, analytical and statistics tools
- Cross-functional team leadership experience
: Brookings, South DakotaTravel:
Travel up to 10%Relocation:
Relocation is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.