At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Project Manager for the Health Care Business Group, Drug Delivery Systems Division located in Maplewood, Minnesota.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Project Manager
will utilize a combination of technical and project management skills in driving process, second source of supply and NPI projects in manufacturing. This position will also support factory and pilot plant manufacturing operations for products including inhalers and transdermal patches for the pharmaceutical industry.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Global project lead for critical projects in the Division
- Support NPI project launches by ensuring robust manufacturing capability and establishing accurate cost estimates and improvement roadmaps
- Project lead for second source of supply projects for raw materials
- Manufacturing SME liaison between DDS plant locations to support product / processes continuity, improvements, and cost out efforts
- Define and lead technology advancement projects for cost reduction and quality improvement
- Determine process and technology needs and global manufacturing supply chain for new products
- Data driven decision making and systematic problem solving
- Communicating timelines, deliverables and resource needs to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Provide manufacturing support to help meet Division objectives
- Division Disruptive Technology lead
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in manufacturing and/or manufacturing technology
Location: Maplewood, MN Travel: May include up to 25% domestic/international travelRelocation Benefits: Are not authorized for this position
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Mechanical engineering, Chemical engineering and/or Industrial or manufacturing engineering from an accredited university
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing experience
- Eight (8)+ years of combined experience in a plant process engineering and/or manufacturing technology role in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated Project management skills, including communicating upward and among peers
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, cross-divisional team environment
- Experience with new equipment installations and startups
- Experience developing and managing capital budgets and timelines
- Experience supporting new product development and commercialization
- Experience leading cross functional teams through complex projects from planning to completion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with web Handling, Coating, Slitting, Converting, Extruding or comparable experience
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Fast learner
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.e. H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.