At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Technology Engineer for the Automotive Aftermarket Division located in Maplewood, MN. Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Technology Engineer
will be a member of the Automotive Aftermarkets Division (AAD), Manufacturing Technology Development group, supporting its fast-growing Paint & Finish business.
The employee will work with multiple 3M plant locations and suppliers. Technologies will include a variety of assembly operations, injection molding, hardgoods manufacturing, and thermoforming. The person hired for this position will work as a liaison between the plants, laboratories, and business groups to implement process improvements and disruptive technologies to reduce cost and improve capabilities, deliver NPI manufacturing objectives, work on EVS optimization, and new equipment scale ups.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and support process improvements and disruptive technology implementations to reduce cost and improve process capabilities
- Partner with NTI and CRPL teams in the development of new technologies
- Facilitate the technology transfer of new products and processes to 3M plants and suppliers
- Support cross-functional NPI teams on design for manufacturability and manufacturing deliverables
- Leverage Lean principles to support supply chain architecture improvements
- Establish cost estimates and manufacturing plans
- Deliver projects safely, on-time, and within budget
- Proficiently plan, organize, and carry out complex engineering activities independently
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science, engineering, or technology discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in one or more of the following areas: manufacturing engineering, process engineering, product engineering, product development, quality, and/or EHS
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Three or more (3+) years in a manufacturing plant
- Previous experience with hardgoods
- Previous experience with assembly and converting technologies
- Experience with SolidWorks and AutoCad software systems
- Knowledge and experience in applying Six Sigma tools
- Self-starter who leads with high energy and passion
May include up to 25% domestic/international travelRelocation Benefits:
Are authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.