At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Technology Engineer for the Electronics and Energy Business Group, Electronic Materials Solutions Division (EMSD), located in Maplewood, MN.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Technology Engineer
will provide manufacturing design and process support for our high growth Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality markets. This person will work closely with division product development, EEBG lab, and business team members to develop scaleable manufacturing process. The processes may build on existing 3M technology, bring new technology into the company, or be qualified at outsourcers. This person will then develop cost and capacity models, and scale up manufacturing to meet customer's high volume demand. EMSD supports a customer base that demands speed, consistency, sustainability, and data-driven communications.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and specifies processes for new hardgoods products
- Leads projects to identify and implement additional capacity or increased capability or efficiency
- Supports new product scale-up and qualification, and knowledge transfer to factories
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science, engineering, or technical discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a manufacturing role
- Minimum three (3) years of experience manufacturing project leadership role
- Successful record of executing large new technology scale-up programs
- Experience with injection molding of high precision and/or optical quality parts
- Lamination, polishing, or high speed assembly experience
- Experience working with outsourcers
- Experience with automation and vision/measurement systems
- Strong skills in process development and creating cost/capacity models
- Strong problem solving skills, including root cause analysis, FMEA, and Designed Experiments
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility to support multiple projects and technologies simultaneously
- Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with multiple functions
- Comfortable interfacing with customers to understand specifications and product issues
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 15% domestic/international travelRelocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.