At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:The Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Technology Engineer to provide manufacturing technology support to US and International IATD operations with the position located in Maplewood, MinnesotaJob Summary
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Technology Engineer will focus on Tape Manufacturing projects in our manufacturing operations. Our department leads and supports the development and deployment of disruptive technologies as well as capacity expansion and continuous improvement projects, and a very broad portfolio of NPI and NTI projects. Assignments can range from international expansion projects, to large NPI projects and top priority US continuous improvement projects.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive innovation within our operations using both internal and external technologies
- Lead or support solvent and non-solvent coating technology development & deployment projects in IATD factories
- Support of New Product Commercialization through process development
- Support of large CapEx programs (division budget of $100M+ a year)
- Collaboration & teamwork with factory engineers
- Data & Operational Analysis
- Leadership of initiatives to drive COGS reduction in IATD
- Project leadership for continuous improvement & capacity expansion projects
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in one or more of the following areas: manufacturing operations, manufacturing engineering, process engineering, product engineering, product development, and/or technology development
- Experience leading project teams
- Web processing experience
- Coating Technology experience
- UV & Thermal cured PSA experience
- Project/Team leadership experience
- Self-starter, results driven behaviors
May include up to 25% domestic/international travelRelocation Benefits:
Are authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.