At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:The Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division (IATD) is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Technology Engineer to provide manufacturing technology support to US and International IATD operations with the position located in Maplewood, Minnesota. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Technology Engineer
will be a leader in the development and deployment of 3M ACE/Industry 4.0.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to influence stakeholders with new solutions that will impact manufacturing operations aligned with Industry 4.0. This position will provide the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in this new emerging industrial revolution.This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Deploy software systems that integrate with the upper level manufacturing and business data systems and the control systems used to manufacture 3M products
- Work with process engineers and controls engineers to deploy data automation solutions consistent with 3M ACE (Industry 4.0)
- Deploy working software system solutions in alignment with 3M Supply Chain ACE initiative or Industry 4.0
- Value creation of improved quality, productivity, and information flow through manufacturing operations
- Develop an expertise in one or more of the following technologies:
- Deployment of Data Automation solutions for 3M Manufacturing operations
- Drive innovation within our operations using both internal and external technologies
- Leadership of initiatives to improve factory operations
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in one or more of the following areas: applications software development, systems software development, data automation, and/or controls systems
- Experience leading project and/or teams
Location: Maplewood, MN Travel: May include up to 25% domestic/internationalRelocation: Is authorized
- Systems Engineering experience
- Passion for Industry 4.0 Manufacturing, Data Automation to create value
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Team player with the ability to contribute in a matrix environment
- Project leadership experience
- Self-starter, results driven behaviors
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.