At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Technology Engineer within the Home Care Division located in Maplewood, MN.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Technology Specialist will be responsible for leading and supporting NPI projects, leveraging disruptive technologies to drive quality improvement and cost reduction initiatives, and implement major capital investment projects to support Home Care Manufacturing. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Support business critical NPI project commercialization activities
- Identify and develop disruptive technology opportunities
- Work with cross functional team members to manage the global extended value streams
- Lead major capital deployment and process/product improvement projects
- Deploy Lean Six Sigma methodology for cost reduction, PPU and Lean Manufacturing across the supply chain
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of manufacturing experience
- Self-starter with demonstrated project leadership skills
- Cross-functional project management experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering or technical field
- Non-woven web manufacturing experience
- Printing process knowledge
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience supporting new product development and commercialization
- Ability to work across functions and geography, and communicate upward and among peers
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
Up to 25% Relocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.