Eaton located in Galesburg, MI has an immediate opportunity for a Manufacturing Test & Controls Engineer.
The Manufacturing Test & Controls Engineer is responsible to coordinate technical applications and solutions within the test services group to lead test system development and improvements. This position requires collaboration with product engineering to identify and execute the technical elements required for deployment of testing solutions. This includes protocol, data acquisition, test processes, methodology, equipment design, development, procurement, installation and validation. Lastly, this role will provide guidance and support to the test engineering team based on technical needs and project priorities as identified by the organization.
- Design test equipment and tooling that supports product testing at Truck Components manufacturing facilities. Output: equipment design & documentation of test specification
- Procurement of components and materials to construct test equipment in accordance with design. Output: necessary materials for equipment fabrication.
- Work with suppliers to ensure accurate quotation of equipment. Output: accurate quotations from selected suppliers for price, delivery and technical adequacy.
- Lead and coordinate all system design reviews with approval for implementation and readiness. Output: test equipment built in accordance with design specification.
- Develop software for test equipment functionality, including HMI and controls (PLC). Output: a working program that ensures proper test equipment functionality.
- Evaluate machine / equipment alternatives for replacement or addition to manufacturing facilities. Output: cost effective, capable machines.
- Participate and/or conduct run-off of new machines / equipment to ensure process capability. Output: completed run-offs with process capability calculation or Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
- Install equipment at production facilities. Output: functional equipment installed at manufacturing plants.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair of production test equipment. Output: implemented corrective actions allowing proper equipment usage.
- Lead project teams by owning functional ProLaunch responsibility for product and test design
- Manage department projects by prioritizing and coordinating workload to Test Engineers and Technicians to meet project timelines and completion of ProLaunch deliverables. Output: deliverables that meet project schedule requirements.
- Manage test system priorities at manufacturing locations and coordinate activities with plant personnel. solve test equipment and process problems. Output: implemented corrective actions.
- Provides technical leadership in coordinating development activities with product engineers and directs projects for a team of technicians.
- Champions development and implementation of new engineering systems and processes. Improves existing engineering systems and processes.
- Trains others in the use of engineering systems.Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, or Materials Science from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with test equipment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Electrical or Computer Science Engineering (or equivalent)
- Masters in Engineering
- Experience with machine controls, drive systems, PLC programming
- Software development, C++, Visual Basic
- SAE J1939 Vehicle communications
- Knowledge of measurement devices and instrumentation
- Working knowledge of data acquisition systems and protocol
- Proficient in testing standards
- Proficient in electric circuits, mechanical principles, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and actuation devices
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.