About the Opportunity
Maponics (http://www.maponics.com), a Pitney Bowes company, is a highly focused spatial data company that specializes in mapping areas and populations of interest. By merging technology and data together we create innovative products built on real-world location, including School, Neighborhood, Administrative and Postal Boundaries. Real estate, social media and marketing firms rely on Maponics to power ultra-local interactive search, mapping, and ad targeting platforms.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
This entry level role will be responsible for utilizing Maponics data resources in the technical building and maintenance of Maponics spatial data products.
This is a temporary role, that is on-site in White River Junction, VT.
- Utilize GIS tools to enhance spatial and attribute data
- Digitize new datasets, ensuring alignment, topology correctness and conformance with resource materials.
- Update/maintain existing data sets based on new resources
- Review and ensure product conformance with existing quality standards and procedures
- Compare topographical features or polygon lines with images or other reference material to verify the accuracy of their identification
- The successful candidate for this position will be able to clearly demonstrate:
- Bachelor's Degree in Geography or related field preferred.
- Multi Lingual a plus
- Clear and Concise communication both verbal and written
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Mission focus/priority setting
- Must be familiar with GIS tools related to mapping and data
- Ensures accuracy of output
- Appropriate attendance and participation
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
A little about us:
Find your next great opportunity at Pitney Bowes.