Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description Position Summary:
Under the direction of the General Manager and Marina Manager, the Retail Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of Marina Store services at the Marina. Oversees Cashiers and Utility Clerks. Aids Snack Bar Lead in their role. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Supervises the receiving and tagging of all incoming merchandise.
- Assigns daily tasks to Marina Store staff and ensures that the tasks are performed correctly and in a timely manner while maintaining high standards of customer service.
- Oversees the moving of incoming merchandise to retail office, storage area(s) and/or display floor.
- Handles the storing of all incoming merchandise in assigned locations.
- Ensures correct pricing on all products on the floor.
- Maintains customer service standards.
- Cashiers when necessary to expedite the processing of guest's purchasing.
- Responsible for the recording of damaged merchandise.
- Merchandises the floor for maximum sale of all products.
- Works with team members to facilitate the stocking of the floor with appropriate levels of merchandise.
- Spearheads special projects (i.e. holidays, events, book signings, etc.) when necessary.
- Communicates with General Manager & Marina Manager to insure that all received products are placed on the retail floor as soon as possible.
- Manages the maintenance of inventory level within guidelines established by General Manager and Retail Manager.
- Maintains all cashier drawer audits and supervises change requests.
- Follow through with information to team members on new products or procedures utilizing the information book on the floor.
- Work with General Manager and Retail Manager to utilize complete productivity on the floor at all times.
- Interacts with customer for possible merchandising opportunities.
- Takes charge of unpacking and pricing of new merchandise.
- Conducts periodic inventory count based on schedule established by controller and retail buyer.
- Ensures that packing slips and invoices are reconciled by the retail clerk.
- Full understanding of the point of sale system
- Assists all Marina guests in any possible way
- Follows and implements all Wage and Hour standards/procedures; to include meal breaks and schedules.
- In partnership with the Retail Manager, schedules Marina Store staff on a weekly/monthly basis and determines appropriate break schedules to maximize floor coverage and customer service.
- Trains new hires on POS system, overall safety and job responsibilities
- Follows, implements, and follows up all emergency procedures.
- Follows Aramark policies and procedures and safety policies.
- May be required to work overtime, nights, and/or weekends.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the General Manager.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Reports to General Manager
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment promote team work
- Ability to use confidential information in an appropriate manner and protect employee
- Ability to manage people and have accountability for company assets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively use problem solving and decision
- making skills
- Basic computer skills and ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- Previous supervisory experience or experience in the food service industry
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- 3 to 6 years experience in the food service industry
- High school education or equivalent
- Interest in self development and desire to learn
Most often works in front-of-house. Requires ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, chemicals, steam and other at risk conditions. Requires frequent lifting and repetitive motion.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.