Under general direction, responsible for the sale of Johnson Controls Marine Services and Product offerings toward the US Cruise sector such as vessel owners, ship management companies, shipyards and offshore facility management companies. Promotes the Johnson Controls value proposition to customers by providing technical solutions, operational expertise and project implementation experience. Establishes, develops and manages long term customer relationships / partnerships with target customers and owners representatives. Responsible for customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention through skilled customer relationship management. Positions renewable services and spare parts agreements as the foundation of managed account relationships. Executes the sales process to facilitate the cultivation and management of long-term relationships and in seeking, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities. Responsible for expanding the depth and breadth of Johnson Controls Services and Product offerings within that account. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
1. Under minimal supervision, introduces and sells Johnson Controls Marine Services Product and service offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to potential customers while reaching optimal profit levels. Focuses on improving the existing equipment and system operations to allow the vessel owner to achieve business objectives. Manages multiple, ongoing projects, particularly focusing on selling services and retrofits. Sells, renews and expands renewable service agreements, including multi-year agreements, to both new and existing customers.
2. Builds partnerships / relationships with the owner or owner's representatives responsible for decision-making to drive the service sales of Johnson Controls offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifies customer concerns. Understands the customer's business and technical requirements and pro-actively solves problems and addresses customer concerns. Demonstrates technical expertise to develop credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
3. Seeks, targets and initiates contact with multiple prospective customers. Develops a network of dependable contacts. Understands and leverages the sales process checkpoints, as well as, demonstrates evidence of gaining small trial closes. Shares technical knowledge, in addition to, operations expertise with the customer to match the solution to the customer's operational needs in order to favorably position Johnson Controls. Qualifies and assesses potential customers. Refers leads to other business segments.
4. Addresses customer's operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions and links customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage. Differentiates Johnson Controls Services and Products from that of competitors based upon business and technical benefits and advantages.
5. Positively and credibly influences service strategies with customers. Frequently creates competitive, high quality and timely estimates, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis. Effectively writes, presents and communicates proposals. Negotiates value, addresses concerns and closes the sale.
6. Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff as well with the affiliated Service Branches within the Global Marine Services organization
7. Sets appropriate customer expectations on Johnson Controls product and service offerings. Participates in final project inspection. Ensures that the customer is trained and oriented to system operation or the value of services delivered.
8. Assists in the development of local Marine Services sales and marketing plans and strategies. Aides in the implementation of these strategies and action plans. Segments the industry environment and targets new customers based on service business strategies.
9. Keeps management informed of progress and account status. Knows when to call for assistance from upper management to keep the sales process moving.
10. Attends and presents at trade show. Participates in professional organizations to facilitate networks. Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in marine refrigeration engineering, business, or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of five to seven years of progressive marine or technical field sales experience.
- 5+ years selling in the Marine industry, HVAC/refrigeration service agreements or products preferred
- Excellent initiative, interpersonal communications skills and has the ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
Position can be based near any port on the East Coast, Gulf Coast or West Coast.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.