If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
This senior level role is both customer- and mentor-focused with opportunities to move into management or training with travel to other Service facilities.
This is an exciting opportunity in Summerville, SC for a Field Service Marine Industrial Technician. As part of Cummins, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime. An Extraordinary Cummins Technician...
- Embraces new technology for diagnostics and data gathering.
- Focuses on a high level of customer service and communications.
- Looks to develop their skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on, and virtual training.
- Mentors and coaches junior technicians.
- Readily adapts to a changing work environment and work assignments.
- Technical specialist and primary customer support contact to diagnose and execute complex repairs to engine products at the customer's site.
- Establishes and continually develops productive customer relations and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete complex repairs at customer site.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engines and related components in the field.
- Escalates unresolved issues to product specialists or supervisor.
- Coaches and develops technicians and/or apprentices and transfers knowledge and experience to others; may provide work direction; may review repair plans, parts lists, etc.
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Identifies additional sales and service opportunities with customer.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
- Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and perform repairs.
- Possesses the troubleshooting, diagnosing and repair capabilities of a highly-skilled technician involving marine propulsion units.
- Ability to work with detailed information under considerable time limitations and with minimal supervision.
- Exception customer service and communication.
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies.
Compensation and Benefits
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Documented Cummins experience or graduation from a technical or community college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years on Cummins marine propulsion engines and Onan generators.
- Knowledge of marine vessel operation and vessel component features.
- Knowledge of documentation procedures for marine sea trials and troubleshooting.
- Significant field service work experience
- Expert level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
- Customer service experience
- Experience providing technical advice and coaching to more junior technicians (preferred)
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.