(NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Position Summary:
The Marine Mechanic employee performs a compilation of specialized duties. This employee is flexible, has excellent trade skills, is willing to help out wherever needed and committed to delivering the highest quality of work possible Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Perform repairs and maintenance on boats, engines, electrical etc... Troubleshoot and repair major components Perform oil changes, rigging and operate boats and equipment Determine parts and materials needed to complete high level jobs Troubleshoot and repair components in an efficient, accurate manner. Perform plumbing, carpentry, painting, and electrical Employees must fully utilize all safety equipment, ensuring proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques are adhered to Understand all machinery, equipment and chemicals used Be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary Identify maintenance and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them Ensure cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere of dock and work area at all times
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
- Work closely with other departments, this includes but is not limited to: the small boat dock, houseboat dock, rental office and fuel dock staff; in order to support and ensure accurate trouble shooting and guest problem resolution
- Maintain a positive attitude always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Marine mechanic employees may be required to consult with customers
- Exceptional customer service skills are needed when encountering guests to ensure a good positive representation of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas is demonstrated at all times
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule
- Report to work in proper uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- Marine mechanic employees must be able to work physically hard, able to deal with constant lifting and bending
- Marine mechanic employees need to be comfortable working outdoors as they may encounter desert animals, which includes but is not limited to: mice, jack rabbits, snakes, bats etc...
- Marine mechanic employees cannot be prone to motion sickness as they may spend hours at a time working on boats on the water
- Marine mechanic employees must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat
- Marine mechanic employees need to pay attention to detail, be strong team players and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong English communication skills are required
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must be willing to participate in the random drug/alcohol testing pool
- Must have basic tools company provides specialty tools
- Must be a graduate of a Mechanical Trade school and or have factory certificates for Mechanics or 1 - 3 years mechanic and maintenance or related work experience or trade school equivalent
- Must have a valid US Driver's License and pass a Motor Vehicle Record history check (MVR)
- Pre-employment background and drug test are required for this position.
- Hand Tools, Drills, Saws, Sanders/Grinders, Fork Lift, Crane/Winches, Ladder, Chase Boat, Hand Truck, ATV 4 Wheeler, Welding Machine, Other Machinery/Equipment.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.