No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Cummins is looking for an extraordinary Marine Territory Manager in our Newark, NJ location. As part of Cummins, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime.
A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in Cummins tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our customers. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company.
• Manages customer relationships to achieve sales goals and executing sales plans within an assigned sales territory or account.
• Sells company products and services by developing new prospects and accounts.
• Achieves sales targets and ensures customer satisfaction.
• Develops relationships to generate customer goodwill and loyalty.
• Conducts negotiations according to company guidelines.
• Identifies, researches, and contacts prospective customers and builds positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
• Responds to customer concerns about the company and its products.
• Provides leadership and mentoring to less experienced sales representatives.
• Drives utilization of Cummins tools and processes (i.e. Customer Relationship Management, Customer focus Six Sigma).
• Focus On Customer Needs - Able to leverage network of customer contacts to attain customer specific information that will provide useful in making informed business decisions and increase understanding of customer needs.
• Account Planning - Is able to develop strategies to grow business, formulate marketing plans, identify support needs and measure progress. Understands what strategies need to be put in place to strengthen customer relationships. Uses the Customer Market Profitability tools (such as OEM Supply Agreement CORP 04-05-00-00) that support account planning as well as customer loyalty NPS tools and process.
• Sales Calls - Able to formulate sales call plans, conduct calls according to plans, gather information and negotiate terms of sale. Able to coach others.
• Manage Customer Relationships - Manages customer interactions and relationships to maximize sales opportunities. Utilizes appointment and customer contact management software. Able to coach others to develop effective contact management habits. Consistently demonstrates ability to establish rapport, meet commitments, and develop effective working relationships with customers.
• Sales Negotiations - Able to identify negotiating tactics used by customers and how to manage them. Familiar with Customer Market Profitability tools (such as OEM Supply Agreement CORP 04-05-00-00) that can be utilized during negotiations. Can recognize the balance of power within a negotiation and has the skills to alter that balance. Drives toward collaborative relationships (i.e. win/win relationships).
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• College, university, or equivalent degree in marketing, sales or a related subject or equivalent industry experience required.
• Bachelor's or Associates degree in engineering, sales, business, or marketing field preferred.
• 5 years of Marine Market experience
• Strong technical understanding of diesel engines and marine applications
• Prior application engineering background a plus
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Computer and analytical proficiency required.
• Must be able to travel. Up to 40% including regular overnight travel.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.