Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street aims to be the industry leader in risk management, not by just meeting required standards but by exceeding them daily. As a member of SSGX, each employee owns and manages risk for their environment through educational programs, policy and controls management. Together, we can achieve a best in class culture that encourages/optimizes risk excellence.
The speed of change in today's capital markets is transforming the business world. Our clients face heightened regulatory requirements, an increased volume of data and pressures from new market entrants. They turn to us for support to manage challenges and drive performance and profitability. With a focus exclusively on institutional investors, we help them respond to the market with confidence.
State Street Global Exchange combines our unique capabilities in data and analytics to better serve our clients and build relationships with new customers. Through information and insights, investment analytics and data solutions, our goal is to help our clients zero in on the opportunities and actions that will generate the most value. We help them decide on a strategy and put it into action. We offer research and advice that give our clients insight into issues shaping their business today. And we offer information and data management plus analytics to help them plot results and manage risk.
Global Exchange's Data Strategy and Operations group requires a market data manager to centralize all of SSGX content acquisition functions. This newly created role will service SSGX product and innovation teams to make sure that their data needs are addressed in an efficient, compliant and reliable manner. (S)he will understand their business objectives and convert them into data requirements. (S)he will work with internal State Street teams to deliver the data required to grow their business lines.
This newly created role will also be the primary contact for State Street legal and procurement when third party vendors are required to support the data needs of SSGX. (S)he will own market data vendor relationships for SSGX, including meeting with them on their offerings and go forward strategies, understanding the details of vendor agreements, and negotiating favorable usage and licensing terms to support SSGX business needs. (S)he will own the market data vendor risk review process and will coordinate with internal State Street teams to make sure SSGX is following corporate policy.
- Act as internal contact for SSGX product and innovation teams on data requests, including GX Analytics, Investment and Advisory Services and GX Data Solutions.
- Deliver content acquisition projects to support SSGX business requirements.
- Build relationships with market data vendors, ensuring contracts that conform to SSGX business requirements, and understanding what vendors best support SSGX growth plans.
- Act as central contact point for content acquisition to internal State Street data teams and to State Street procurement.
- Manage market data vendor risk program for SSGX.
- Report to SSGX business users the status of outstanding content acquisition requests.
- 10+ years of experience in market data management.
- Highly knowledgeable in reference data, pricing, corporate actions, analytics and other market data offerings, in particular how those content sets can be used to solve client use cases.
- Demonstrated experience in market data contract management and negotiation.
- Ability to service internal groups and clients.
- Strong communication and reporting skills.
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.