Market Development & Insights Intern - Masters/MBA
In this new era, IBM is reshaping industries with our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things - changing how businesses create, collaborate, analyze, and engage.
At the heart of this transformation are Market Development & Insights analysts. We provide a trusted, objective view of the market and its impact on IBM, empowering IBMers to drive actions that grow the business.
An MD&I analyst is a critical thinker with strong business acumen and a desire to work in partnership with IBM executive leaders. MD&I analysts approach every engagement with a client-centered focus, bringing together marketplace expertise, understanding of competitive dynamics, and data from a variety of sources to drive value and growth for the business.
MD&I's 10-week summer internship program provides the opportunity to work on strategic projects that address real business challenges facing IBM's decision makers. Throughout the summer, interns can participate in educational sessions to develop skills, join in on networking opportunities to connect with other members of MD&I and across IBM, and gain exposure to many different parts of IBM's business.
• Collaborate with IBM's business leaders to understand needs and identify business priorities on a strategic project
• Provide compelling, fact-based findings through organizing and extracting data, information, and insights from various sources and methods - including primary and secondary research, competitive analysis, and market opportunity analysis
• Practice Design Thinking principles to focus on our stakeholder's needs and desired outcomes, and to work with agility within the team
• Present findings and recommendations to IBM leadership in a clear and concise manner that enables business action
Candidates should exhibit the following strengths:
• Establish and maintain relationships with executives
• Demonstrate problem solving and strong analytical thinking
• Adept communication skills including writing, presentation, storytelling and effectively sharing recommendations
• Demonstrate personal responsibility and self-discipline in a highly independent working environment
• Collaborative approach to teaming across international boundaries and navigating cross-cultural differences
IBM and MD&I offer a flexible, agile, and collaborative work environment with numerous professional development and growth opportunities.
Position is located in New York City, NY.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.