In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things - changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage.
At the heart of this transformation are Market Development & Insights professionals, who help drive this large scale change by acting as advisors to the IBM leaders who are reinventing our industry and fueling growth for our business.
An MD&I professional is a critical thinker with strong business acumen and a desire to work in a consultative role for IBM executive leaders. MD&I professionals incorporate marketplace analysis into their decision-making. They approach every engagement with a client-centered focus, bringing together marketplace expertise, understanding of competitive dynamics, and data from a variety of sources to drive value and growth for the business.
- Collaborating with IBM's business leaders across multiple engagements
- Providing compelling, fact-based findings through organizing and extracting data, information, and insights from various sources and through different methods - including secondary research, primary research, competitive analysis and market opportunity analysis
- Presenting findings and recommendations to IBM leadership in a clear and concise manner that drives business action
Candidates should exhibit the following strengths:
- Demonstrating problem solving and strong analytical thinking
- Effectively communicating recommendations and findings
- Assuming personal responsibility and self-discipline in a highly independent environment
- Working within global teams and navigating cross-cultural differences
IBM and MD&I offer a flexible and collaborative work environment with numerous professional development and growth opportunities.
Candidate will sit in either New York City or Armonk, NY.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.