Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Help us connect the world by enabling productive relationships and broadening our network reach to provide cutting-edge technology to strategic areas.As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people.
As an empowered Market Development Operations Analyst, will be responsible for administering compensation programs, ensuring quality performance, and maintaining compensation systems, procedures, and controls consistent with internal policies. By leveraging your analytical skills, solution focus and commitment toward quality, you will play an integral role in moving the team toward excellent execution of goals.
- Works independently with guidance of leader to create and/or support the design, implementation, communication, and administration of commission programs.
- Performs transactional quality review to ensure accurate commission payouts.
- Receives, researches and responds to inquiries on discrepancies; facilitates explanation and takes corrective actions.
- Works to ensure that compensation levels are internally equitable, externally competitive, easily understood, affordable, designed to pay for performance, and easily administered.
- Analyzes data, creates reports and models possible commission program improvements.
- Creates training and process related materials to foster a greater understanding of the compensation plans and commission structure.
- Adheres to the team's expectations and guidelines; demonstrates personal commitment to the team.
- Participates in a variety of projects involving the development and/or enhancement of tools to drive greater value-added results.
- Manages job processes, tasks, and work products to ensure freedom from errors, omissions, or defects; initiates action to correct quality problems or notifies others of quality issues as appropriate.
- Evaluates sell-out levels and make proactive recommendations to maximize revenue from available inventory and in a manner that serves clients# needs.
- Conducts analyses of inventory, rate, and sales practices to develop sales product efficiencies.
- Works with and advises the Manager on weekly rate cards based on inventory skims.
- Collaborates with cross-functional management to develop, evaluate, and recommend technical and systematic procedures that make process flow more efficient for the organization as a whole. Identifies problems and recommends solutions.
- Partners with Sales Support Representatives to help facilitate the completion of accurate work. Provides oversight to overall sales support processes and offers necessary guidance.
- Assists with the training and mentoring of new and existing Product Support Analysts on all sales related procedures and paperwork requirements.
- Keeps abreast of sales strategies, trends, initiatives, and best practices within the Company and competitive landscape.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
Business or Marketing
Years of Experience
Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of
work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
A little about us:
Comcast brings together the best in media + technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences.