Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Cummins Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Market Insights Segment Manager for the Bus & Light Duty Commercial Vehicles business. This role can be based in Columbus, IN.
The successful candidate will become a trusted advisor for business leaders and corporate strategy by developing a respected, comprehensive, and unbiased view of the market segments. Generate value-add products and ideas, collaborating across the company in ways that help Cummins improve our overall market position. Key Responsibilities:
- Provide a deep and broad understanding, and an unbiased, respected view of the market
- Launches and delivers market insight products that are timely, high quality and insightful
- Develop the business segment market size, market share, and market forecast reports
- Produce market business segment packages - in depth overviews of a business segment
- Manages market and competitive intelligence efforts in support of strategic planning processes.
- Leverages competitive research and market analysis for assigned market segments and regions.
- Communicates and presents critical data, report summaries, and market analyses to all levels of management.
- Provides market segment input to support product management, product life cycle, product line business plans, product line pricing and promotional strategy.
- Identify opportunities for growth and competitive threats or potential risks of the segment
- Partners with market insight team, segment and regional leaders and business unit strategy on studies and projects to support business decisions
- Manage a small team of market insights analysts who are responsible for conducting research, analyzing data, generating forecasts, writing reports and leading/supporting various projects
- Align with and support special project and information needs of the business
- Develop knowledge networks throughout the business, distribution channel and outside sources
- Promote a culture of intelligence gathering, insights generation and value-added support
- Track the execution of initiatives and projects
- Lead special project teams within Market Insights group
- Minimum five to eight years of relevant experience in a finance, marketing, or strategy role.
- Industry experience in industrial manufacturing required.
- Experience in leading cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- A proven track record in market research, analysis, and insight.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking
- Leading cross-functional teams and influencing others
- Managing multiple stakeholders across the globe and balancing a large number of projects/tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Solid business acumen and the ability to quickly gain insights about specific business segments
- Build strong relationships by regularly engaging with stakeholders and facilitating collaboration
- Demonstrate Cummins' five key Leadership Skills: Coach & Develop, Talent Management, Foster Open Communication, Think Strategically, Set the Aim.
- Market Analysis - Knowledge of many markets as well as the ability to deploy local and/or global processes to attain relative market information. Able to anticipate competitive action/reactions (game theory). The ability to coach others in this area.
- Market Opportunity Prioritization - Has strong relationships with key stakeholders and a broad understanding of strategies to make good judgment calls.
- Market Positioning - Understands market positioning tools and can apply them.
- Facilitating Internal Relationships & Consensus - Has experience with large group dynamics and proven relationship skills.
- Story Telling - The ability to communicate complex information in a concise, informative, and engaging way.
College, university, or equivalent degree in marketing, equivalent, or a related subject required. MBA or equivalent degree preferred. Compensation and Benefits
Base annual salary commensurate with experience plus annual variable compensation. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.