Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Cummins Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Market Insights Segment Manager for the Marine, Oil & Gas business. This role can be based in either Charleston, SC or Columbus, IN.
The successful candidate will become a trusted business advisor by developing a respected, comprehensive and unbiased view, generating high value products and ideas, and collaborating across the company. Key Responsibilities:
- Provide deep understanding & insights about Marine and Oil & Gas markets.
- Be a studious researcher.
- Identify growth opportunities, competitor threats, and potential risks.
- Deliver timely & quality reports: Market size/share; Segment packages
- Partner with business & strategy leaders.
- Develop knowledge network across business, distribution & outside sources.
- Manage market strategic development. Designs and implements market penetration plans and programs to accomplish business plans or organizational goals targeting business performance.
- Manage market strategy research and planning in support of the strategic planning process.
- Develop and update market summary dash boards employing relevant market data.
- Leverage competitive research and market analysis for assigned market or region to make recommendations.
- Communicate and presents critical data, report summaries, market analyses, and strategic recommendations to all levels of management.
- Work with product managers to manage product life cycle, product line business plans, and cost reduction programs.
- Provide input to support product line pricing and promotional strategy.
- Coach and motivate business development staff; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates works assignments considering employee skills and development needs as required.
- Identify department issues, problems, and opportunities to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Track the execution of initiatives and projects.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in a finance, marketing, intelligence or strategy role.
- Industry experience in Marine, Oil & Gas or other industrial markets required; prefer prior experience with a global manufacturer.
- Experience in leading cross functional teams in a matrix organization; customer focused.
- A proven track record in analysis and insight.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- High business acumen.
- Market Analysis - Knowledge of many markets as well as the ability to deploy local and/or global processes to attain relative market information. Able to anticipate competitive action/reactions (game theory). The ability to coach others in this area.
- Financial Understanding - Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data from financial systems, as well as the ability to execute a business case. Knowledge of the leverage pricing has on financial results. Familiar with tax and duty structures.
- Core Competency & Capability Analysis - In depth understanding of Cummins capabilities, experience with Cummins change curve and knowledge in strategy and capital planning.
- Market Opportunity Prioritization - Has strong relationships with key stakeholders and a broad understanding of strategies to make good judgment calls.
- Market Positioning - Understands market positioning tools and can apply them.
- Facilitating Internal Relationships & Consensus - Has experience with large group dynamics and proven relationship skills.
College, university, or equivalent degree in marketing, business, or a related subject required. MBA preferred. Compensation and Benefits
Base annual salary commensurate with experience plus annual variable compensation. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins