Market Research Manager - SIP
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: April 10, 2017
Reference ID: 1031451
At Microsoft, we are committed to the mission of helping our customers realize their full potential. We are motivated and inspired every day by how our customers use our software, services and devices to find creative solutions to business problems, develop breakthrough ideas, and stay connected to what's most important to them. Consistently rated as one of the Best Places to Work, we are equally committed to ensuring our employees have the working environment and the resources to succeed and develop as professionals in their disciplines.
Based at Microsoft’s company headquarters in Redmond, Washington, the Customer and Market Research team is one of the largest Market Research departments in the world and serves the company’s core businesses. We are close to and in constant contact with our business partners, and our work has global reach and impact. Our people are research professionals with a strong consultative approach who thrive on tackling significant business opportunities and influencing decision makers at all levels. They are intellectually curious, analytical, impact driven, persistent, and not shy about sharing their opinions and recommendations. And, they are passionate about developing themselves, their careers and their profession.
If you have a proven track record in developing analytical approaches, executing analytics with both a hands-on and collaboration mindset to deliver insights that impact business, we want to talk to you. Social Media is dominant in the lives of our customers. This role within the Social Research team applies innovative analytical approaches that helps discover, explore, and explain the impact of social conversation. The complexity of social data requires that you can both manage the process of analysis as well as expand into new ways to understand social metrics and their role in explaining marketing and brand performance. A rich understanding of different approaches to understanding social metrics and their reflection of advertising, PR, Marketing, product effectiveness on brand outcomes is a central component of the role. In this role, you will identify and explore key social metrics and evaluate their impact by leveraging broad CMR frameworks- utilizing attitudinal / behavioral data and to help inform marketing efforts.
Your primary responsibilities are to:
• Define, establish, develop and manage an approach to understanding social conversations that analyzes key performance metrics and competitive trending, instilling insight, accountability and consistency in how MSFT evaluates social media.
• Lead analysis across the breadth of social metrics (sentiment, volume, etc.) using complex math/ statistical models to help unpack these metrics, driving understanding and use. Help partner CMR teams to understand and learn from social analysis.
• Work with internal/external stakeholders to understand business needs, process requirements and business problems and provide guidance on how to think/understand social metric movements. The outcome is to help stakeholders frame and understand the complex social world.
• Recommend and lead changes to existing policies and processes that will result in improved efficiency and effectiveness of our resources
• Provide insight using data analysis with large scale measurement and reporting platforms;
• Collaborate with all aspects of social technology team (3rd party platform, query development team and offshore reporting team to drive implement of key social analysis and measurements
• Manage multiple work-streams in a dynamic, intense, fast paced, results oriented environment
- 3-5 years in social analytics, business analytics, project management, strategy consulting, or business planning roles
- Advanced degree (MBA, Masters) in Marketing, Management Science, Applied Psychology, marketing, statistics, economics or relevant area preferred
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills
- Must possess strong technical project management skills, focusing on communication, collaboration and documentation
- Strong problem solving ability ranging from conceptualization to quantitative and modeling fluency
- Ability to clearly distill complex research into understandable and actionable recommendations, applying sound statistical concepts and techniques
- Possess excellent organizational and presentation skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.